Sunday, January 9, 2011

Helping others - In Memory of a Dear Friend

A friend of mine passed away tragically a day after her wedding this past October after marrying the man of her dreams. My friend lived a very medically complex life having survived cancer as a child and dealing with the complications of experimental cancer treatments there after. I have been trying to figure out how to help her family in this trying time.

Her family has sacrificed a lot to keep her healthy and happy. My friend always gave back and volunteered; she was involved with Alex's Lemonade Stand and Relay for Life; and I want to do the same for her family now. My friend's birthday is in February and her favorite color was purple. I will be selling purple crane ornaments to honor my friend's life, the compassion she showed others, and the love she had for her family and friends. All of the proceeds from these ornaments will go to Helana's family. I thank you in advance for your generosity. Please visit my etsy site at www.etsy.com/decorativefolds

No comments: